This page gives an overview of canfd driver which is available as part of the Xilinx Vivado and Vitis Core Development Kit distribution.For more information, please refer Chapter 66: Can Controller in Versal Trm which includes links to the official documentation and resource utilization.
The source code for the driver is included with the Vitis Unified Software Platform installation, as well as being available in the Xilinx Github repository.
The driver source code is organized into different folders. The table below shows the canfd driver source organization.
|data||Driver .tcl and .mdd file|
|doc||Provides the API and data structure details|
|examples||Example applications that show how to use the driver features|
|src||Driver source files|
For a full list of features supported by this IP, please refer Chapter 66: Can Controller in Versal Trm
- Compatible with the ISO 11898 -1, CAN 2.0A, and CAN 2.0B standards
- Standard (11-bit identifier) and extended (29-bit identifier) frames
- Flexible Bit rates up to 8 Mb/s
- Nominal Bit rates up to 1 Mb/s
- Transmit message FIFO (TxFIFO) with a depth of 64 messages
- Watermark interrupts for TxFIFO and RxFIFO
- Automatic re-transmission on errors or arbitration loss in normal mode
- Two 64-deep RX FIFOs with 32 ID Filter-Mask pairs
- Four Rx acceptance filters with enables, masks and IDs
- Loop back and snoop modes for diagnostic applications
- Mask able error and status interrupts
- 16-Bit time stamping for receive message
- Readable Rx/Tx error counters
- Message with lowest ID transmitted first
- Supports Standard and extended frames
- Supports Config, Sleep, Normal and snoop modes
- Supports Acceptance filter configurations
- Supports Polled and interrupt modes
- Water mark interrupt support for both Tx and Rx FIFOs
Example ApplicationsRefer to the driver examples directory for various example applications that exercise the different features of the driver. Each application is linked in the table below. The following sections describe the usage and expected output of the various applications. These example applications can be imported into the Vitis IDE from the Board Support Package settings tab.