This page gives an overview of SDI Audio driver which is available as part of the Xilinx Vivado and SDK distribution.
Source path for the driver:
-- doc - Provides the API and data structure details
- examples - Reference application to show how to use the driver APIs and calling sequence
- src - Driver source files
Core and Driver Supported features
• Configurable as an Audio Embedder or an Audio Extractor.
• Common features between the Audio Embedder and the Audio Extractor modes.
○ Supports up to 16 channels (8 channel pairs) of synchronous audio.
○ audio sample rates (32 KHz, 44.1 KHz and 48 KHz).
○ Audio sample length of 20/24-bit.
○ AXI4-Stream interface to carry audio samples in AES3 format.
○ Programmable maximum audio channels.
○ Programmable audio group for embedding and extraction of audio.
○ AXI4-Lite and port based interface for configuration of the core.
○ Detects the presence of pre-embedded audio groups on SDI interface
• Key features of the Audio Embedder
○ Control packets are inserted on appropriate lines.
○ Pre-embedded audio packets on selected group are overwritten with new packets.
• Key features of the Audio Extractor
○ Reports parity and checksum errors.
○ Supports extraction of 192 bit channel status.
○ Muting of user selected audio channel on AXI4-Stream interface.