Introduction This page gives an overview of AXI-Gpio driver which is available as part of the Xilinx Vivado and SDK distribution.The Xilinx® LogiCORE™ IP AXI General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) core provides a general purpose input/output interface to the AXI interface.This 32-bit soft Intellectual Property (IP) core is designed to interface with the AXI4-Lite interface.The AXI GPIO design provides a general purposeinput/output interface to an AXI4-Lite interface. The AXI GPIO can be configured as either a single or a dual-channel device.The width of each channel is independently configurable.Source path for the driver:https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/tree/master/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers/gpioDriver source code is organized into different folders. Below diagram shows the iicps driver source organizationAxi-Gpio|-- Doc - Provides the API and data structure details|- Examples - Reference application to show how to use the driver APIs and calling sequence|- Source - Driver source files
Controller Features Supported:
• Supports the AXI4-Lite interface specification
• Supports configurable single or dual GPIO channel(s)
• Supports configurable channel width for GPIO pins from 1 to 32 bits
• Supports dynamic programming of each GPIO bit as input or output
• Supports individual configuration of each channel
• Supports independent reset values for each bit of all registers
• Supports optional interrupt request generation
Driver Supported FeaturesThe axi-gpio Standalone driver support the below things.All Controller Features supported.
Known issues and Limitations
Test casesRefer below pah for testing different examples for each feature of the IP.https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/tree/master/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers/gpio/examples
- gpio: Added xil_printf statement in examples.
- gpio: Updated makefile.
- gpio: Added readme.txt file to generate doxygen for examples.
- 3b03b14 gpio: Added xil_printf statement in examples.
- 37a2c78 gpio: Updated makefile
- 3903b61gpio: Added readme.txt file to generate doxygen for examples.
- gpio: Updated Make file for consistency
- gpio: Updated driver make file for IAR compiler.
- gpio: Updated copy right & change history.
- 6cb722e: Changes in Makefile to make map file consistent in windows & other platforms.
- dc019ad: Updated Makefile for IAR
- e9f7aa1: Updated Copyright & change history
- gpio: Update Makefile for parallel make execution
- Makefile: Remove realpath command
- 12ce10 :gpio: Update Makefile for parallel make execution
- 4dc859 Makefile: Remove realpath command