IntroductionThis page gives an overview of AXI-I2C driver which is available as part of the Xilinx Vivado and SDK distribution.The LogiCORE™ IP AXI IIC Bus Interface connects to the AMBA® AXI specification and provides a low-speed, two-wire,serial bus interface to a large number of popular devices. This product specification defines the architecture,hardware (signal) interface, software (register) interface, and parameterization options for the AXI IIC Bus Interface module.Source path for the driver:https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/tree/master/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers/iicDriver source code is organized into different folders. Below diagram shows the iicps driver source organizationAxi-iic|-- Doc - Provides the API and data structure details|- Examples - Reference application to show how to use the driver APIs and calling sequence|- Source - Driver source files
The source code for the driver is included with the Vitis Unified Software Platform installation, as well as being available in the Xilinx Github repository.
The driver source code is organized into different folders. The table below shows the ospipsv driver source organization.
• Register access through AXI4-Lite interface
• Master or slave operation
• Multi-master operation
• Software selectable acknowledge bit
• Arbitration lost interrupt with automatic mode switching from master to slave
• Calling address identification interrupt with automatic mode switching from master to slave
• START and STOP signal generation and detection
• Repeated START signal generation
• Acknowledge bit generation and detection
• Bus busy detection
• Fast-Mode Plus 1 MHz, Fast Mode 400 kHz, or Standard Mode 100 kHz operation
• 7-bit or 10-bit addressing
• General call enable or disable
• Transmit and receive FIFOs – 16 bytes deep
• General purpose output, 1-bit to 8 bits wide
• Dynamic Start and Stop generation
Known issues and Limitations
Refer to the driver examples directory for various example applications that exercise the different features of the driver. Each application is linked in the table below. The following sections describe the usage and expected output of the various applications. These example applications can be imported into the Vitis IDE from the Board Support Package settings tab.
Links to Examples
Examples path: https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/tree/master/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers/iic/examples
Example Application Usage
AXI IIC eeprom example in dynamic mode
This example does read/writes using AXI IIC dynamic mode
Successfully ran IIC dynamic eeprom Example
AXI IIC eeprom example in standard mode
This example does read/writes using AXI IIC standard mode
Successfully ran IIC eeprom Example
AXI IIC repeated start example
This example does read/writes with repeated start.