AXI MCDMA Standalone Driver
IntroductionThis page gives an overview of axi mcdma driver which is available as part of the Xilinx Vivado and SDK distribution.
The Xilinx® LogiCORE™ IP AXI MultiChannel Direct Memory Access (AXI MCDMA) core is a soft Xilinx IP core for use with the Xilinx Vivado® Design Suite. The AXI MCDMA provides high-bandwidth direct memory access between memory and AXI4-Stream target peripherals. The AXI MCDMA core provides Scatter Gather interface with Multiple Channel support with independent configuration.
How to enable
Source Path for the driverhttps://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/tree/master/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers/mcdmaDriver source code is organized into different folders. Below diagram shows the axicdma driver source organizationAXI MCDMA|-- doc - Provides the API and data structure details
|-- data - Driver tcl and MDD file.|- examples - Reference application to show how to use the driver APIs and calling sequence|- src- Driver source files
- AXI4 Compliant
- AXI4 data width support of 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 and 1,024 bits
- AXI4-Stream data width support of 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 and 1,024 bits
- Supports up to 16 independent Channels
- Supports per Channel Interrupt output
- Supports DRE alignment for Streaming data Width of up to 512 bits
- Supports up to 64MB transfer per BD
- Optional AXIS Control and Status Streams
Standalone Driver Supported FeaturesThe AXI MCDMA Standalone driver supports the following:
- Supports upto 16 Channels
- Supports Scatter/Gather Direct Memory Access (DMA)
- Supports 64-bit Addressing
- Supports Optional Data Re-Alignment Feature
- Supports per channel interrupt
- Supports AXIS Control and Status Streams.
- Refer below pah for testing different examples for each feature of the IP.
: This example demonstrates how to use axi mcdma driver on axi mcdma core to transfer packets in interrupt mode.xmcdma_polled_example.c: This example demonstrates how to use axi mcdma driver on axi mcdma core to transfer packets in polled mode
Known issues and Limitations
- All IP features are supported
- Support parallel make execution.
- Include XMcDma_BdGetAppWord() declaration in mcdma header.
4dc85994d6fb Makefile: Remove realpath command
21fc24b1bbaf mcdma: Update Makefile to support parallel make execution
e63225b263ef mcdma: Include XMcDma_BdGetAppWord() declaration in mcdma header
- Prefer using dmb in XMcdma_UpdateChanTDesc
3232128 mcdma: Prefer using dmb in XMcdma_UpdateChanTDesc
- Add HasRxLength field in config and channel structure
- Remove dependency on HPC_DESIGN macro
- In driver tcl enable CCI only for EL1 non-secure state
- Remove snooping enable from application
e295490 mcdma: Add submit() variant to program additional BD fields
09087c8 mcdma: Add HasRxLength field in config and channel structure
7cf77a5 mcdma: Sync doxygen documentation
30f38de mcdma: examples: Remove dependency on HPC_DESIGN macro
9bcdf44 mcdma: In driver tcl enable CCI only for EL1 non-secure state
8937c2a mcdma: examples: Remove snooping enable from application
- Support 64 bit DMA addresses for Microblaze-X
- Support hierarchical designs.
- Read buffer length register width and num channels from IP config.
- Code refactoring and fix gcc warning.
- Provide interface to do lookup by baseaddress and access Sw ID field in BD.
- Export APIs to use in LwIP202 contrib source.
b87f96d Support 64 bit DMA addresses for Microblaze-X
04abde6 Update get_cells argument to support hierarchical designs
2984937 Read buffer length register width from IP config
f846cffe Fix typos and rephrase comment description
54d6909 Remove unused define for buffer length mask
b396c42 Enable 'Import Examples' link in system.mss
67b0f6d Fix gcc 'pointer from integer without a cast' warning
def3a92 Read num channels from IP configuration
d61b2f1 Add API to lookup config by base address
9542b71 Add macros to access Sw ID field in BD
debf203 Export APIs to use in LwIP202 contrib source
- Fix bugs in the driver tcl
- Fix unused variable warning.
mcdma: Fix bugs in the driver tclbdc9deb
mcdma: Fix unused variable warning2017.4:2017.3:
Commit ID:6b7af95 :
- Added support for MCDMA IP
Initial version of the driver