The Xilinx analog mixed signal module, referred to as the XADC, is a hard macro. It has JTAG and DRP interfaces for accessing the XADC’s status and control registers in the 7-series FPGAs.
Zynq-7000 AP SoC devices add a third interface, the PS-XADC interface for the PS software to control the XADC. The Zynq-7000 AP SoC devices combine a flexible analog-to-digital converter with programmable logic to address a broad range of analog data acquisition and monitoring requirements. The XADC is part of a larger analog mixed signal (AMS) topic that is a combination of analog and digital circuits.
- Dual 12-bit 1 MSPS analog-to-digital converters (ADCs)
- Up to 17 flexible and user-configurable analog inputs
- On-chip or external reference option
- On-chip temperature and power supply sensors
- JTAG access to ADC measurements
- Read and write XADC registers
- Serial data transfers to/from XADC
- Buffered read-write data operations
- 15-word by 32-bit command FIFO
- 15-word by 32-bit
- Read Data FIFO
- Programmable FIFO-level interrupts
- Programmable alarm interrupts
- Configured interface operations (using devcfg registers)
- DRP Parallel Interface
- Highest interface bandwidth
- 6-bit sample data
- Access the XADC when the PL is not programmed but is powered-up
- Uses the JTAG TAP controller to access the XADC registers
Missing features, Known Issues, limitations
- System Monitor/ADC device can be accessed through the JTAG port and AXI interface. The driver implementation does not support the simultaneous access of the device by both these interfaces. The user has to care of this situation in the user application code.
Kernel configurationsTo compile a kernel with a driver for the XADC enable the following kernel config option:
Device Tree Settings
Test Procedurecontains an user app called "xadc_app" for doing some sanity checks on sysmon driver.
Commit Id: cefc6386c7cfc686681942be395b0cf3de6d88a3Commit Id: acdbfc2832f380d42b80f78ff7e45645cc23ccd8
- Fix external channel read issue
- Check for return values in clk related functions
- Use devm_ functions while requesting irq
XADC driver is in sync with the mainline kernel 5.4 except for the following
-> Reading the external auxiliary channels.
-> Support for ultrascale sysmon.
-> Limiting xadc pcap clock frequency value to be less than 200MHz.
-> Default values of extend_name in iio_chan_spec
->Reordering Error handling.