This page gives an overview of the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC Clock framework available at drivers/clk/zynqmp/. For CCF to work, PMUFW should be downloaded.
Table of Contents
HW IP features
The Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC has a programmable clock generator that takes a clock of a definite input frequency and generates multiple derived clocks using the phase-locked loop (PLL) blocks in the processing system (PS). The output clock from each of the PLLs is used as a reference clock to the different PS peripherals. Clocking Features The Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC has five PLLs that generate various clocks used in the PS subsystem:
- DDR PLL (DPLL): mainly used to generate clocks for the DDR controller.
- APU PLL (APLL): mainly used to generate clocks for the APU.
- RPU PLL (RPLL): mainly used to generate clocks for the RPU.
- I/O PLL (IOPLL): mainly used to generate clocks the peripheral I/Os.
- Video PLL (VPLL): generates clocks for the video blocks used in the PS subsystem.
These PLLs can be used to generate the output clocks. It is recommended that we reserve VPLL for dp_video_ref.
Features Supported in the Driver
- Clock gating
- Clock scaling
Missing features, Known Issues, limitations
- We do not support shared peripherals. (e.g. when the same peripheral is shared between A53 and R5 etc.)
Important AR links
- Recommend to reserve VPLL for dp_video_ref if DP video is used AR - AR-69345
The following config options should be enabled in order to build the ccf driver
Devicetree (for 2018.1 release)
For more details on clock bindings please refer "Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/xlnx,zynqmp-clk.txt"
Devicetree (for 2017.4 and earlier releases)
For more details on phy bindings please refer "Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/zynq_mpsoc.txt"
The following driver use cases is tested.
Mainly clock enable and disable on following drivers
- sd card
Data rate change is tested with gem.
Sample expected log is below
View the Clock configuration summary.
Porting to CCF
Porting to CCF
It is not mainlined. Has dependency on pm.c.
- Adds basic clock support for zynqmp.
clk: zynqmp: Add initial ccf clkc support
clk: zynqmp: add mux changes for zynqmp
f5e303d clk: zynqmp: Add zynqmp divider support
8592671 clk: zynqmp: Add zynqmp ultrascale gate support
ea2cd726 clk: zynqmp: Add the pll driver
4d85a2c clk: zynqmp: Fix GEM mux shift values
- the GEM mux shift values are corrected.
clk: zynqmp: Fix GEM mux shift values
- The watchdog source is corrected.
- Since for dp to work it changes the parent rate. We do not support dp sharing the parent (VPLL).A warn is added to check for the same.
- Sets the set rate parent for video clocks.
- Fractional mode support is enabled.
clk: zynqmp: Fix the watchdog clock source
clk: zynqmp: Warn on vpll multiuser conditionally
pll: zynqmp: Add support for pll set rate
clk: zynqmp: Set the needed flags
clk: zynqmp: clkc: Enable CLK_SET_RATE_PARENT for more clocks
clk: Reset the child count
clk: zynqmp: pll: Enable the fractional mode when needed
clk: zynqmp: Prevent un-necessary rounding off
clk: zynqmp: Enhance the prints
- In some cases the second divisor was was getting saturated resulting in some ethernet failures.this is fixed.
clk: zynqmp: Let the frac be decided on the frac capability
- Fix the usb mux offset
- Some waning fixes
clkc: zynqmp: fix the usb mux
zynqmp: Use new firmware.h instead of pm.h
clk: zynqmp: divider: Fix the warnings
clk: zynqmp: Remove variables set but not used
clk: zynqmp: Remove a unused variable
- Move MMIO error to debug from warn
- Use SPDX license
- Replace clock driver with new driver which fetches clock information from firmware
- clk: zynqmp: Extend driver for versal
- clk: zynqmp: fix doc of __zynqmp_clock_get_parents
- clk: zynqmp: Add support for custom type flags
- drivers: Defer probe if firmware is not ready
- clk: zynqmp: Add support for clock with CLK_DIVIDER_POWER_OF_TWO flag
- clk: zynqmp: Recalculate bestdiv for DIV2 clock
- clk: zynqmp: Warn user if clock user are more than allowed
- clk: zynqmp: Fix CLK_FRAC bit index
- clk: zynqmp: Fix missing max_div description in kernel-doc format
- clk: zynqmp: Fix divider2 calculation
- clk: zynqmp: fix memory leak in zynqmp_register_clocks
- drivers: clk: Fix invalid clock name queries
- clk: zynqmp: Handle divider specific read only flag
- clk: zynqmp: Use firmware specific common clock flags
- clk: zynqmp: Use firmware specific mux clock flags
- clk: zynqmp: Add missing checking of eemi_ops
- clk: zynqmp: Add a check for NULL pointer
- clk: zynqmp: Make zynqmp_clk_get_max_divisor static
- clk: zynqmp: make bestdiv unsigned
o Missing features, Known Issues, limitations