This page provides details related to the xilffs library.
- The LibXil fat file system (FFS) library consists of a file system and a glue layer. This FAT file system can be used with an interface supported in the glue layer.
- The file system code is open source and is used as it is. Glue layer implementation supports SD/eMMC interface presently.
- Application should make use of APIs provided in ff.h. These file system APIs access the driver functions through the glue layer.
How to enable
xilffs library can be found at
- data - Provides the API and data structure details
- src - Driver source files which are further organised into
- examples - Contains example applications demonstrating the use of xilffs library
- read_only: Enables the file system in Read Only mode, if true. Default is false. Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC fsbl sets this option as true.
- use_lfn: Enables the long file name (LFN) support, if true. Default is false.
- enable_multi_partition: Enables the multi partition support, if true. Default is false.
- num_logical_vol: Number of volumes (logical drives, from 1 to 10) to be used. Default is 2.
- use_mkfs: Enables the mkfs support, if true. Default is true. Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC fsbl set this option as false.
File System The file system supports FAT16 and FAT32. The APIs are standard file system APIs. A detailed description can be found at http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html
Revision R0.10b is used in the library
Test case ran by taking examples from example folder specified above
|SD Polled File System Example Test|
Successfully ran SD Polled File System Example
- Added support for mkfs.
- Added support for multi partitions.
- Added support for multiple logical drives.
- Modified the example to add mkfs functionality.
- Updated the copyright year to 2016.
- Corrected the data type of temp variable.
- Enable the _WORD_ACCESS option.
- Used usleep API instead of MB_Sleep API.
- Included sleep.h in diskio.c file
- Removed enable_mmc option
- Added support for FreeRTOS
- Fixed Compilation warnings
- Added configurable option for USE_STRFUNC
- Added configurable option for _FS_RPATH
- Updated for Word Access System support
- Resolve errors in XilFFS for ARMCC compiler
- Resolve build warnings for xilffs library
- Modified the code to make sector buffer cache line aligned
- Modified the SD example to use 8MB instead of 8KB Test file size
- Updated the FatFS version to v0.13b
- Added configurable option for FF_FS_EXFAT to enable exFAT support
- Added Word Access support in latest FatFS source
- Add additional LFN options in mld.
- Add support to enable use of CHMOD functionality.
- Change the argument type to int for length of string.
- Added support for versal SD IP name
- Fix data alignment on IAR compiler
- Initialize Status variables with failure values
- Modified disk_status API to remove dependency on canonical parameters
- Minor update - Added supported peripheral list to mld file.