Boot Pre-Built Avnet ZedBoard Image
This how-to describes how to boot a pre-built image on the ZedBoard.
Task Dependencies (Pre-requisites)
- ZedBoard Hardware platform
- SD or SDHC Card (FAT format)
- Terminal program (Teraterm, hyperterm, PuTTY, etc.)
Input Files Required
- Download the ZedBoard pre-built image
- Copy the image to your SD card
- Set the jumpers on your board appropriately for boot from SD. Set the jumpers as shown below:
ZedBoard Hardware User Guide
- Connect the power supply to the board.
- Connect a USB UART cable between the board and the host pc
- Open a hyper terminal / terraterm. Configure for: 8, N, 1, 115k
- Power on the board. You will see the boot process in your terminal window. The device has finished booting when you see the zynq> prompt