Zynq UltraScale MPSoC Base TRD 2016.3 - Design Module 5
Return to the Design Tutorials Overview.
This module shows how to build a Qt video application demonstrating the following features:
- Display via PS DP (DRM framework)
- Video capture from USB webcam or virtual video device (vivid) (V4L2 framework)
- GUI overlay via GPU with OpenGL (using Qt framework)
This module requires the following components:
- device tree (system-dm5.dts)
Build Flow Tutorials
PL DP Only Design
This tutorial show how to build the DP only Vivado design that implements the minimum required to make DisplayPort work.
Create a Vivado project. Select 'es1' instead if you are targeting a rev D board with ES1 silicon.
- Implement the design and generate a bitstream
Copy the generated bitstream to the PetaLinux directory or alternatively use the pre-built bit file that is already bundled with the PetaLinux BSP.
Please refer to design module 1 - PMU firmware
for instructions or skip this step if you have built the PMU firmware in a previous module.
This tutorial shows how to build the Linux image and boot image using the PetaLinux build tool.
The petalinux-config step can be skipped if this was already done in a previous module.
Select the device-tree matching design module 5 and build all Linux image components. If you have run petalinux-build in a previous module, the build step will be incremental.
Create a boot image.
Copy the generated boot image and Linux image to the dm5 SD card directory.
Copy the file autostart.sh from the pre-built dm9 SD card directory.
Video Qt Application
This tutorial shows how to build the video library and the video Qt application.
- Open the file $TRD_HOME/apu/video_app/video_qt2/video_qt2.pro with an editor and modify the highlighted lines as shown in the screenshot by adding the '#' symbol to comment those lines.
Set up the Qt environment and generate a Makefile for the Qt project. Make sure the TRD_HOME and PETALINUX environment variables are set before running this step.
Create a new XSDK workspace.
- Click 'Import Project' from the welcome screen, browse to the current working directory and make sure both the video_lib and video_qt2 projects are selected. Click finish.
- Right-click the video_lib project and select 'C/C++ Build Settings'. Navigate to 'Symbols' and remove the 'WITH_SDSOC' symbol from the defined symbols panel by clicking the delete icon with the red X.
- Right-click the video_qt project and click 'Build Project'.
Copy the generated video_qt2 executable to the dm5 SD card directory.
Copy the video_qt2 wrapper scripts from the pre-built dm9 SD card directory.
Run Flow Tutorial