Zynq UltraScale Plus MPSoC 2016.3 Mini Reference Designs
The Mini Reference Designs are targeted to ZCU102 platform and based on 2016.3 tool chain.
Setup for Mini Reference Designs
The following setups are common to all mini-reference designs.
- Git submodules are used for individual components
- Submodules can contain submodules themselves
- The following is a mapping between directory names and git repos (based on previous slide)
Design Dependency Matrix
The Mini-reference designs are created incrementally. Each design is built either on top of other design or, by combining few designs. The below table clearly describes the dependencies.
|Incremental or Combination of these designs|
|Design #1||Design #2||Design #3||Design #4||Design #5||Design #6||Design #7||Design #8||Design #9|
|Design – 1|
|Design – 2||+|
|Design – 3||+|
|Design – 4||+|
|Design – 5||+|
|Design – 6||+|
|Design – 7||+|
|Design - 8||+|
|Design - 9||+||+|
- ZCU102 evaluation board (rev B or newer) / power cable
- Monitor with DisplayPort input supporting one of the following resolutions:
- o 3840x2160 or
- o 1920x1080 or
- o 1280x720
- Display Port cable (DP certified)
- USB hub with mouse and keyboard
- SD card
- Avnet FMC-HDMI-CAM daughter card / HDMI cable
- HDMI video source with input resolution set to:
- o 1080p60 for 1080p60 display or
- o 720p60 for 720p60 display
Links to Mini Reference Designs
- Connect power supply to J52.
- Connect USB mouse and keyboard using a USB hub to J83.
- Connect DisplayPort cable to P11; connect other end to monitor.
- Insert SD card (FAT formatted) with binaries copied onto it.
- Select one of the provided autostart shell scripts based on your desired display resolution and rename it:
- o for 3840x2160 (4K), rename the file autostart_2160p.sh to autostart.sh
- o for 1920x1080, rename the file autostart_1080p.sh to autostart.sh
- o for 1280x720, rename the file autostart_720p.sh to autostart.sh
Jumpers & Switches:
- Connect FMC-HDMI-CAM to HPC0 FMC slot.
- Connect HDMI cable to HDMI IN port of FMC-HDMI-CAM; connect other end to HDMI source.
- Vadj needs to be set to 1.8V (default) for correct operation.
- Connect micro-USB cable to J83 USB UART connector; use the following settings for your terminal emulator:
- o Baud Rate: 115200
- o Data: 8 bit
- o Parity: None
- o Stop: 1 bit
- o Flow Control: None
- Set boot mode switch to SD boot (SW6[4:1] - on,off,on,off).
- Configure USB 2.0 jumpers for host mode (default - see ZCU102 eval board user guide).