- Target FPGA Region
- "target-path" or "target" - The insertion point where the the contents of the overlay will go into the live tree.
target-path is a full path, while target is a phandle.
- FPGA Image firmware file name
- "firmware-name" - Specifies the name of the FPGA image file on the firmware search path.
The search path is described in the firmware class documentation.
- Image specific information
- external-fpga-config : boolean, set if the FPGA has already been configured prior to Linux boot up.
- Child devices
- child nodes corresponding to hardware that will be loaded in this region of the FPGA.
Steps for programming the Full Bitstream using overlay
- rmdir /configfs/device-tree/overlays/full
Devicetree overlay file contents example: