This page is deprecated and is no longer being updated. The content is being retained for reference. For more information about running Ubuntu on Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC, please refer to Canonical Ubuntu
This page will go over how to boot linux-xlnx with Ubuntu rootfs for 2019.1 release . The same steps work with 2019.2 release as well.
- boot.bin, Image, system.dtb can be taken generated from petalinux PetaLinux bsp [https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842250/PetaLinux]
- extract the petalinux the PetaLinux bsp after downloading it from here https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html
- source the petalinux tool PetaLinux Tool and run petalinux-config command. This will launch a menuconfig GUI using this select the following:
- Image Packaging configuration →Root filesystem type→ Initrd
- after choosing initrd, save the changes and exit
- run petalinux-build command to generate the new kernel image type and populate it under images directory
- The ubuntu Ubuntu rootfs can be taken from ubuntu-base-14.04.2-core-arm64.tar.gz
Reference boot log for ZCU102 can be found here.
Inital work to boot ubuntu rootfs on zcu102 zynqmp can be found here.